Regional Operation Co-Ordinator
Education, education, education. What more can I say? I am very passionate about education. I became this passionate about it one day whilst thinking – “how can I make the biggest impact with my life?” I came to the conclusion that through Education one would be able to make the biggest impact – not directly but indirectly through the future educated generation. I could have chosen any country to fulfil this dream of mine, but why would I want to go anywhere else than the greatest country in the world? – South Africa. My long term goal would be to establish a unique and strong relationship between the private and public sector with regards to education. One possible way to do this would be to acquire a prominent position in the department of basic education (maybe the minister or so?).
I grew up in Pretoria and would like to one day call it my permanent home. I matriculated from Wonderboom High School and my first “real” job was at an NPO called PEN serving the people of the inner city of Pretoria, specifically through education. One of the best decisions I ever made was moving into a commune within a community called “Echo” Youth Development. It opened my heart to more community focused living. I lived with so many diverse and beautiful people.
• I am currently studying politics (I’m not the best student though)
• I would like to live until at least the age of 111(ask me why)
• I’m very pro the Idea of adopting a child or two
• I enjoy classical music
• “With great power comes great responsibility” – Spiderman
• “The true virtue of love isn’t finding the perfect person but by loving the imperfect person perfectly” – I think Mother Theresa said that
My favourite things to do are:
• Playing tennis
• Playing piano
The people I admire most:
• Informal recyclers
• My mother
• Tata Madiba