Cycle Challenge Charity Info
The Telkom 94.7 Ride for a Purpose campaign has proven to provide an incomparable platform for cyclists to create awareness about personal causes that are close to their hearts, and this year is no different. Ride for a purpose this year at the 94.7 Cycle Challenge. Ride for The Click Foundation. We are CALLING ALL CYCLISTS (or people who may know a cyclist, or people who have cycling colleagues, or actually anyone who owns a bicycle or helmet). We want as many people as possible riding for our cause, whether you’re a beginner or an expert. Each cyclist will personally contribute to improving the literacy skills of at least three children for an entire year.
Anyone can do this! We ride together as a group! We ride together for a purpose! We ride for Click!
Who we are?
The Click Foundation was established in 2012 to find ways of using technology in education to pursue outcomes based interventions that can meaningfully impact learners. The Foundation believes that, through effective implementation, technology can shift the paradigm and make a significant impact in an efficient, cost effective and scalable manner.
The primary focus of The Click Foundation is the implementation of an online phonetics based English literacy programme. The programme offers learners the opportunity to work at their own pace through fun and enjoyable activities, navigating their learning journey by means of technology.
Through these interventions, the Click Foundation has also created employment opportunities for over 100 members of local communities and has trained and upskilled over 500 principals, teachers and facilitators.
More recently they have also begun piloting various maths programmes.
Your Next Steps
Follow the instructions Below or use the contact form at the bottom of the page
- Register and pay at www.cyclechallenge.co.za
- Fill out the form below
- Each rider will receive a FREE Click Foundation cycle shirt and gift bag. Click riding gear can be ordered through the form below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each cyclist will be expected to raise R2,000 by the 4th of November 2017. There will be a prize for the individual who raises the most for The Click Foundation.
- Each cyclist will therefore be paying for improving the literacy of 4 children for an entire year
- Cyclists will be given the opportunity to attend a training ride in the Cradle of Humankind with a professional cyclist followed by a brunch
- Cyclists will be offered discounted merchandise from a quality retailer
- Cyclists will be given a training programme
- Cyclists will be invited to a post-race hospitality event
What is a charity bond?
What are the advantages of having a charity bond/team?
How hard is the event? Do I need months of training?
Can pro-cyclists or non-novice cyclists also enter with the charity?