Cycle Challenge Charity Info
The Telkom 94.7 Ride for a Purpose campaign has proven to provide an incomparable platform for cyclists to create awareness about personal causes that are close to their hearts, and this year is no different. Ride for a purpose this year at the 94.7 Cycle Challenge. Ride for The Click Foundation. We are CALLING ALL CYCLISTS (or people who may know a cyclist, or people who have cycling colleagues, or actually anyone who owns a bicycle or helmet). We want as many people as possible riding for our cause, whether you’re a beginner or an expert. Each cyclist will personally contribute to improving the literacy skills of at least three children for an entire year.
Anyone can do this! We ride together as a group! We ride together for a purpose! We ride for Click!
A reminder of what the prizes are:
We’ve made it easier for you to raise rands this year by introducing a raffle ticket system. Each R100,00 raised for Click Foundation will get the donor a raffle ticket into two draws with prizes valued at over R110,000,00. As an added bonus, the cyclists who sell the most raffle tickets will win great prizes too.
- 5 Nights Accommodation for 6 People in Mauritius – unwind in this magical beach house in Mauritius. Not inclusive of flights. Self Catering Applies. Valued at R35000,00.
- Wine Hamper: A selection of fine wines from the Ellerman House private wine cellar. Valued at R3000,00.
- Helicopter Ride: Explore our city by sky with a scenic helicopter ride for two from Native Airways worth over R14,000.00.
- Saxon Spa Package for two – Spend some quality time with that special someone. First, escape to the beautifully mosaicked Rasul Chamber for the multi-sensory bathing ritual of the Rasul, followed by an indulgent 60 minute stress-dissolving massage that completes your de-stressing journey. Valued at R3150,00
Prizes for Cyclists who raise the most:
- Accommodation at Ellerman House – for 2 for 2 nights includes airport transfers, breakfast, all beverages including spirits and beer, a 24h guest pantry, daily sunset cocktails and canapés. Valued at R54000,00
- Incredible Connection Voucher- Splurge on the latest tech products at one of the many Incredible Connection stores nationwide. Valued at over R2000,00
Who we are?
The Click Foundation was established in 2012 to find ways of using technology in education to pursue outcomes based interventions that can meaningfully impact learners. The Foundation believes that, through effective implementation, technology can shift the paradigm and make a significant impact in an efficient, cost effective and scalable manner.
The primary focus of The Click Foundation is the implementation of an online phonetics based English literacy programme. The programme offers learners the opportunity to work at their own pace through fun and enjoyable activities, navigating their learning journey by means of technology.
Through these interventions, the Click Foundation has also created employment opportunities for over 100 members of local communities and has trained and upskilled over 500 principals, teachers and facilitators.
More recently they have also begun piloting various maths programmes.
Your Next Steps
Follow the instructions Below or use the contact form at the bottom of the page
- Register and pay at www.cyclechallenge.co.za
- Fill out the form below
- Each rider will receive a FREE Click Foundation cycle shirt and gift bag. Click riding gear can be ordered through the form below or by emailing email@example.com
- Each cyclist will be expected to raise R2,000 by the 9th of November 2018. There will be a prize for the individual who raises the most for The Click Foundation.
- Each cyclist will therefore be paying for improving the literacy of 4 children for an entire year
- Cyclists will be given the opportunity to attend a training ride in the Cradle of Humankind with a professional cyclist followed by a brunch
- Cyclists will be offered discounted merchandise from a quality retailer
- Cyclists will be given a training programme
- Cyclists will be invited to a post-race hospitality event